ActiveControl is comprised of the following modules. Please note that these will be referred to throughout the documentation as the relevant product features can be associated to one or more of these modules:
- Transport Expresso (TE) – Core transport and change management module where transports, tasks, workflows, approvals, testing, imports and notifications occur
- ShiftLeft – Automated analysis process to check changes and transports for things like sequencing, completeness, risks, issues, dependencies, impacts and quality
- DevAnalytics – A set of KPIs and metrics to delivers deep insight into the performance of the SAP development and change process. Key metrics report on Velocity, Cycle Times, Rework & Waste, Work in progress and Approval times
- DevMax – Management of mulit-track development processes enabling dynamic conflict detection and automated merge & retrotfit
This ActiveControl Administration Guide is divided into five sections:
- The first section discusses the client/server architecture of ActiveControl .
- The second section details the installation of ActiveControl .
- The third section details the core configuration of ActiveControl .
- The fourth section covers advanced ActiveControl configuration topics which may or may not be relevant, depending on your organisation’s specific requirements.
- The fifth and final section mentions deployment considerations to help prepare for deploying ActiveControl within your organisation.