Within ActiveControl there are 3 main data concepts:
- Business Tasks
- Transport forms
The relationship between the three concepts is illustrated below:
The typical usage is as follows:
- Project: Used to group tasks together for business releases and projects. For support there could be general support projects.
- Business Task: Used to represent Business Requirements, such as CRs, Support tickets, Project Requirements and test defects.
- Transport Form: Will be created for every SAP transport to be released and moved through the landscapes
- ActiveControl does not affect the creation of transports in any of the development systems so this can continue as normal.
- When a transport needs to be released to the next system it must be created in TE as a transport form and allocated to a TE Business Task that represents the change request or support ticket that it relates to. Most customers have their Developers/Functional team populate the TE Transport Form and link it to the appropriate TE Business Task.
- Prior to this it is good practice to release the transport task in SAP first so it can be ensured that there are no issues with the SAP task or objects inside it. E.g. No inactive objects, documentation is complete, etc.
- Nowadays, many customers create TE Projects for each of their Daily, Weekly or Monthly releases, as a way of bundling the changes together that are being delivered as part of that release.
Thanks for your feedback.