Over the past few years, Basis Technologies have gradually been moving more and more ActiveControl functionality previously only available in the Windows GUI over to the Web UI. Ultimately this has been done in response to a lot of customer feedback that they would prefer to only deploy the WebUI to their users.
In early 2021, Basis Technologies commenced a new Web Platform project that will replace both the Windows GUI and current Web UI.
The high-level objectives of this new Web Platform are as follows:
1. New, single UI5-based User Interface.
2. More modern / intuitive UX
3. Mobile Ready
4. Improved Performance in some aspects of the product (versus current WebUI and Windows GUI)
5. Feature Activation / Authorisations-driven UI (Only show functionality that is enabled by customer and/or that user has authorisations to use)
6. Deliver 75+ new / optimized product features; many were requested by existing Customers over the years.
7. Introduce internal BTI automated testing to improve the stability of AC releases and cumulative patches
ActiveControl 9.00 includes the Phase 1 deliverables of the Web Platform – essentially all functionality available in the current WebUI.
From September 2022 – November 2022, this Web Platform will only be available to 4-5 Pilot customers. From November 2022, it is anticipated that the Web Platform will be generally available to all customers.
Post your comment on this topic.