Over the past few years, Basis Technologies have received feedback from a number of customers that they did not want to roll out the Windows GUI to large user community. As a result of this feedback and our ongoing product strategy, we have been working to gradually move more functionality into the Web UI.
ActiveControl 7.0 added the ability to manage Delegates and complete Manual Steps in the Web UI – and also introduced a transaction in the SAPGUI to enable Developers and Functional teams to update existing Transport Forms in the Development system.
ActiveControl 7.1 takes this a considerable step further, by introducing read/write Transport Forms capability in the the Web UI – ie the ability to not only create Transport Forms in the Web UI, but also to be able to edit and maintain them later. This new functionality further enables Development/Functional teams to be more self-sufficient, particularly teams working on Java systems that previously had to use the Windows GUI to create Transport Forms for their non-ABAP transports.
The new functionality added in 7.1 includes the following:
1) Ability to create Transport Forms in the Web UI
2) Ability to edit existing Transport Forms in the Web UI (including custom fields)
3) Ability to delete existing Transport Forms in the Web UI
4) Ability to create Manual Steps in the Web UI
5) Ability to add Attachments at Transport Form level in the Web UI
6) Ability to move Transport Forms from one Business Task to another.