Around 10-15% of Basis Technologies customers use Development ‘Transport of Copies’ (TOCs) as part of their ActiveControl workflow.
As such, when Development is completed, the original transport is left unreleased in Development whilst a Transport of Copies (TOC) is deployed to QA for testing. And the original transport is only released and deployed on completion of successful testing of the TOC in QA.
ActiveControl has offered a Dev TOC capability for many years – but the functionality has always had a couple of limitations, which has frequently resulted in User Exits having to be created by the Basis Technologies Development Team to add capabilities like automatically creating the Transport Form for the TOC.
To avoid the need for these custom User Exits – ActiveControl 8.40 introduces a new and enhanced standard configuration table that we believe will help to make our customers (and the Basis Technologies Delivery consultants) more self-sufficient in implementing a Transport of Copies process at our customers, without the need for custom User Exits.
This configuration table includes the capability to manage the follow aspects of a TOC process:
1) What the trigger for the TOC creation should be. This can be (1) Manual, (2) on Creation of the original TR Transport Form, (3) When the original TR travels (ie is approved from a particular location or (4) When the original TR is approved (but you want to prevent it from travelling forward in the workflow
2) Whether a Transport Form is automatically created for the TOC
3) What the Type and Group metadata for the automatically created TOC Transport Form should be
4) Whether the TOC Transport Form should be assigned to the owner of the original Transport Form, or to the RFC user.
5) Whether the automatically created TOC should be automatically released or not.
6) Whether the original Transport Form should be automatically locked when the TOC is created
7) To filter further on what TFs will generate an automated TOC using the Rules Engine (for example to exclude Securities roles transports or OSS Notes from having TOCs automatically created)
…. and many more.
New /BTI/TE_VAUTOCON table should be configured in the Domain Controller based on the exact Customer requirements.
More details on this Enhancement and underlying Configuration can be found in this Change Note
Example Configuration Setup
- Example TRAVEL trigger configuration in this Knowledge Article.
- Example APPROVAL trigger configuration in this Knowledge Article.
- Example configuration to filter the TOC creation using Rules Engine is detailed in this Knowledge Article.
Post your comment on this topic.