Within ActiveControl there are 3 main data concepts:
- Business Tasks
- Transport forms
The relationship between the three concepts is illustrated below:
The typical usage is as follows:
- Project: Used to group tasks together for business releases and projects. For support there could be general support projects.
- Business Task: Used to represent Business Requirements, such as CRs, Support tickets, Project Requirements and test defects.
- Transport Form: Will be created for every SAP transport to be released and moved through the landscapes
- ActiveControl does not affect the creation of transports in any of the development systems so this can continue as normal.
- When a transport needs to be deployed to the next system it must be created in ActiveControl as a Transport Form and allocated to a Business Task that represents the change request or support ticket that it relates to. Most customers have their Developers/Functional team populate the Transport Form and link it to the appropriate Business Task.
- The release of the transport can be done either by the Developer/Functional team – or automatically from within ActiveControl. Nowadays, most customers prefer the latter to ensure a transport does not get released prematurely.
- Nowadays, many customers create Projects for each of their Daily, Weekly or Monthly releases, as a way of bundling the changes together that are being delivered as part of that release.
Thanks for your feedback.
Post your comment on this topic.