It is possible to mark the standard Transport Form and a Task fields as mandatory fields if required. Some fields must be mandatory by default for the application to function correctly but others can be made mandatory if required. For example, the Group or Type might always need to be specified. If a mandatory field is not populated the Transport Form or Task cannot be saved.
It is possible to enhance both a Transport Form and a Task with custom fields that are not simply text. This functionality super-cedes “Text Fields” as described in the previous section. Custom fields allow the administrator of Transport Express to add much more enhanced types of custom fields to either a Transport Form or a Task:
- Text fields – You can now control the number of rows and number of characters that can be entered for a particular Text field
- Drop-down List – You can now allow the user to specify that a field is a single field drop-down list. The possible values the user can enter can be specified (e.g. 0001 = United States, 0002 = United Kingdom, etc.).
- Selection List – A selection list is similar to a drop-down list but the user can see multiple possible selection lines at the same time as well as being able to select more than one entry.
- Option/Radio-Button – A custom field can be specified that is a radio-button.
- Check-box – A custom field can be specified as a check-box with alignment options of Left of Text, Right of Text or Aligned.
- Date – A custom field of type date can be specified. These provide a date selection drop down for easier entry.
All custom fields can be marked as optional, mandatory or hidden.