The standard integration scenario is to combine AC and a third party IT Service Management product, and possibly a Test Automation product to create a fully integrated end-to-end process for managing change. This typically requires both inbound and outbound integration:
1. Change created in third party ITSM system
2. Change approved for development in ITSM system
3. Change interfaced to AC (inbound integration)
4. Change managed through AC for deployment to Test and Pre-Prod with updates sent to ITSM system to reflect progress (outbound integration)
5. Change deployed to production through AC and ITSM system updated (outbound integration)
6. Change verified and closed in ITSM system
This document will describe, in detail, exactly how such integration can be easily accomplished using the ActiveControl Integration framework, but it should be noted that the framework can be extended for use in many other integration scenarios.